Sunday, September 24, 2017

Home is Where the Heart Is

We had settled into my condo for a few months, it was tight but doable. We realized we wanted more space but we were not in a rush for a new home. We would casually look at places but my friend Ben sent us a home that met everything we wanted in a place! It was located in Cottonwood Heights, had two car garage, a projector room and plenty of space to grow into. We fell in love and offered a price but the seller thought our offer was too low. About two weeks later, he came down on his price and approached him again about his new price. We put the property under contract and then 30 days later we owned a home!

I had to sell my condo since my HOA would not allow me to rent the unit. I was mega bummed about that but the market was doing really well so I was able to make some money by selling it.

We love our new place and have spent the last few months painting, redoing a bathroom, installing new baseboards, putting in a garden, replacing the AC, heater and hot water heater. Home ownership is pricey but despite the expense we have loved having a place of our own.


I've turned into a homebody who loves to lounge around and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment