Sunday, September 24, 2017

Married My Bestie

September 29th arrived and it was the day I had always dreamed about, marrying my lover. I woke up and found myself strangely calm and relaxed. I had close friends over the night before, many who had traveled great distances, to hang. It was so nice to see them and chat. I also was blessed to have my dear friends helping with wedding set-up and details. My good friend Emily did so much! She arranged my flowers and transported everything. All this help allowed my family to not have to deal with all the wedding details.

So wedding morning , I enjoyed some cereal and then Scott picked me up and dropped me in Lehi to get my makeup did. That woman turned me into a Disney Princess!

Then Stacey, sister friend and photographer picked me up and then we met up with Scott at Kneaders. I enjoyed a tasty smoothie. Then we realized Scott had forgotten his wedding socks so we stopped at a Mr. Mac to pickup some new socks.

Then we headed down to the Provo City Center Temple for our wedding ceremony. It was weird thinking I would come out of that building as a different person with a new last name. I felt some nervous feelings thinking I now will share everything with this human and we could be parents someday.. so many wonderful and sorta daunting thoughts.

The ceremony was beautiful and we walked into a room where we literally felt so much love. My cheeks were already hurting from the joy I was feeling! My mom was able to spend time with me before the ceremony which was extra special. We had a good cry together thinking about how this day had finally come!









After the ceremony we headed out of the temple to be congratulated by loved ones! We took photos and hugged! This temple was such a special place to Scott as a kid when it was a tabernacle. It is such a beautiful place where you feel the peace from our Heavenly Father.

After photos we headed to SLC for reception time! We stopped for a burger at In-N-Out. We arrived to our beautiful venue filled with flowers and the decor I had planned for months. We had a video playing with trivia and photos /videos from our lives. The tables were set with flowers and succulents. Even our Lego Minifigures that looked like us were adorned on our cake made by my dear friend Rachel!

We changed back into our fancy clothes and chewed down on some BBQ and then it was showtime! Scott's brother, Steven, was our MC, so he welcomed us to a room filled with so many people we love. They cheered and clapped as we walked in. Scott said he had never experienced such a welcome in his life and truly was moved! We both wore so happy!

Guests ate food while we walked around and chatted with people. Then we had some toasts from friends and family which made the day even more special. After each toast we gave different tables prizes. As the night rolled on we enjoyed some dancing and treats. We even sang Happy Birthday to my Dad since we were married on his birthday. I sadly did not eat a donut at our wedding, too many people to chat with, but our cake was great!











When we cut the cake we were nice but also slammed one another a little bit. After cake we changed and then headed for our exit!

Glow stick and bubbles led us out and we ran down to our car. Then headed to Park City where we stayed at the Stein Erickson Lodge. The room was amazing and so beautiful! We felt so pampered!


The following day we headed to Hawaii. We could not stop basking in the glow of our special day! It was a perfect wedding!

1 comment:

  1. This was the very best day! You and Scott were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete