Sunday, June 25, 2017

Showered with Love

I love a good party and have thrown many friends showers to celebrate weddings and births. It was so fun to be the recipient of so much love!

My Aunt Bev threw me a family shower which included all my family in Utah and Scott's family. My aunt even put together a really sweet video of family sending well wishes from all over the country. It was so incredibly thoughtful. She made the most tasty food like little sticky rice with mango and cucumber sandwich appetizers. She had custom sugar cookies made for all the guests. Just out of this world cuteness.

It is always a little weird to be the center of attention at parties. I'm usually getting food together or cleaning something so it was a bit of an adjustment.

I had another shower thrown by my home girl Lindsay. She hosted this adorable, de-flowering, shower at her parents house. They have a very magical backyard. We enjoyed Cafe Rio salads and ate tasty cakes that Emily brought. Everyone shared advice and provided me with lots of sexy attire. We also made flower crowns which made the event feel like the most special princess party. I looked around that party and just had SO much love for all the pals there. So many strong, brilliant women who have made an impact on my world.

My final shower was thrown by Dinner Night friends, well Jen coordinated everyone. That woman really knows how to make things happen and always love her initiative to celebrate her friends. It was a taco fiesta and Scott joined for the celebration too. We all just chatted and enjoyed spending time in Anna and Doug's backyard. That dinner crew is like my little family in Utah. They have seen the rise and fall of many dudes I have dated. They provided great encouragement over the years so it was so fun to spend an evening celebrating love. We also collectively destroyed a pinata, making it essentially the best kind of party. I did not eat of the hi-chews that fell out of that pinata.. can't risk a tooth falling out before a wedding.

Cheers to love and friends and family who help you celebrate the beauty of it!















No comments:

Post a Comment