Sunday, June 25, 2017

Dixie Chicks

I have been a fan of the Dixie Chicks since I first saw their music video on CMT back in 1998. I was amazed that three blonde women, who looked like sisters, could have such amazing lyrics, harmonies and sass. When I heard they were touring again my sisters arranged a sister trip. We went to planned to see the Chicks play in Houston...in August. 

Ashley and I were incredibly hot since our position in the stadium provided little ventilation. I literally had to go take off layers of clothes mid-concert. My favorite song performed was a Beyoncé cover called Daddy's Lessons. I also loved so many of their classic songs. The songs just take me back to high school and middle school when I would sing-a-long to the songs with my sisters.

Caylee, Christi, Michelle, Jenna and Gina came too. It was so fun to have Caylee there because she became a Dixie Chicks fan as a kid and would sing the most passionate version of "Not Ready to Make Nice"


I also was able to hang around Houston and San Antonio too. Always so fun to see family and play King of Tokyo!













No comments:

Post a Comment